Your Overburdened Liver Warning Signs – Our livers are one of the most hard-working organs in our bodies. Lucky for us, it flushes out all of the toxins by way of our bowel movements, and does so in a safe and healthy way!
But when the liver begins to be encased with fatty tissue due to our poor diets, it begins to malfunction dangerously. This means all of the toxins our body can’t deal with aren’t being regulated and eliminated as they once were. That’s why it’s of the utmost importance to keep our livers fat-free and working properly!
Before your liver shuts down entirely, there are several warning signs that you need to pay attention to! According to Holisticole, these symptoms may indicate that your liver is seriously under-performing due to your diet:
Chronic Fatigue, Negative Emotions, Brain Fog (Lethargy/Feeling Drained), Dull Headaches Improved with Rest, Headaches/Migraines Behind Eyes, Chronic Joint or Muscle Pain, Excessive Perspiration, Allergies, Acne or Skin Conditions, Gas, Bloating, Abdominal Pain, Constipation, Diarrhea, Hormonal Imbalances, Anxiety, Depression, Chemical Sensitivities, Chronic Bad Breath, and Unexplained Weight Gain.
These symptoms may seem generalized, but having more than three of them at a time could easily mean that your liver is struggling to do it’s job! The good news is that if you catch an under-performing liver in time, you can bring it back to the healthy state it was once in with a handful of easy lifestyle changes.
Once you realize that it’s time to make a change, try implementing these important tips into your life:
1. Buy Organic: Avoid GMO other chemically engineered foods
2. Consume A Balanced Diet: High-quality proteins (both animal and produce), natural grains, fermented foods, healthy fats, as well as plenty of nuts and seeds
3. Avoid Unnecessary Oils: canola, corn, vegetable and sunflower oils
4. Drink Enough Water: To find out how much water you should drinking daily, take your weight in pounds, and divide it in half. This number is the amount of water your body needs in ounces.
5. Eat Lots Of Healthy Fats: Coconut oil, red palm oil, grass-fed butter, avocado, and hemp are all great for you
6. Stock Up On Fiber: Most people need at least 1.25 ounces of fiber daily. This can come from foods like chia seeds, artichokes, flax seeds, avocado, broccoli and brussels sprouts
7. Ditch The Refined Sugars: brown/white sugar, cane sugar, cane juice, cane juice crystals, beet sugar
8. Munch On Leafy Greens: These vegetables are packed full of magnesium, folate, vitamins C and B
9. Take It Easy With Alcohol: Try a healthy vice replacement like exercising or meditation
In addition to these helpful tools, several common foods and herbs do wonders for your liver! For one, globe artichokes are known to protect and support your liver function. At the same time, this powerful food item can help bile production and elimination!
Here’s a list of foods that can help you regenerate your liver:
If you consume garlic every day, it will help you to reduce your bad cholesterol levels and help you have a healthy liver. The enzymes found in garlic remove any toxins accumulated in your liver and improve your overall health.
2. LEAFY GREEN VEGETABLES
If is recommended do include leafy green veggies in your diet. Broccoli, kale and spinach are very good choice. Leafy greens will help you to cleanse your liver and improve its functions. Another good thing about leafy greens is that they provide your body with chlorophyll that protects your body from toxins.
Studies have proved that avocados are rich in 20 essential vitamins and nutrients. They are incredibly good for your body and your liver. Avocados promote the production of glutathione which can neutralize free radicals and help with toxin removal.
Grapefruit is abundant in fibers and powerful antioxidants. This fruit can help you control your cholesterol levels and it can help you boost the liver-cleansing process. Unfortunately, grapefruit can sometimes negatively interact with medications, so we advise you to consult your doctor before adding grapefruit in your diet.
5. BRUSSELS SPROUTS
Brussels sprouts contains sulfur which will help you to maintain the health of your liver. They’re also rich in antioxidants that fight the free radicals.
Just 1 apple per a day will keep the doctor away! Apples are extremely good for your overall health. In addition apples are amazing for your liver because they promote liver cleansing and remove accumulated toxins in the digestive system.
Turmeric is actually one of the most scientifically tested herb. Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, is known to flush carcinogens out of your body with ease! This means that, after ingesting turmeric, you will experience even more protection against liver damage, and even regeneration of harmed liver cells.
8. MILK THISTLE
Milk thistle may sound odd, but it works wonders for your liver! The active component in milk thistle, Silymarin, is an anti-fibrotic, anti-viral, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. This herb also protects liver cells from damage!
9. OTHER FOODS THAT PROMOTE LIVER REGENERATION:
Onions, Artichokes, Probiotic yogurt, Berries, Arugula, Lemons, Bitter gourd, and Leeks
You may see additional 14 foods on the youtube below that can help you to cleanse your liver.