Sleep on The Left Side of The Body – The majority of people are unaware of the fact that the position for sleeping plays an important role in the overall health, especially for the digestive system.
Even in the ancient era, monks used to lie down after meals in order to help digestion.
The Ayurvedic medicine, which is the oldest Oriental medicine, confirms this as well, and it recommends sleeping on the left side of the body.
Ayurveda suggests that there are numerous reasons why you should practice sleeping on the left side, since it:
- improves digestion,
- contributes to the healthy function of the spleen,
- improved elimination of dangerous substances,
- supports lymphatic drainage,
- promotes blood flow to the heart,
- contributing to a freer bile flow ,
- Aids the heart to send blood down.